Since getting back in to this model making lark, I have struggled with airbrushing. I’ve read many posts and watched many YouTube videos on the subject, but have always felt it has been a bit of a struggle to get a paint to work happily with my airbrushes.
Well I think I have just found the paint that works for me, Tamiya acrylic paints. I have 2 F-51D Mustang builds going on at the moment (will blog about them when done). And I was dreading getting a good (for me) aluminium finish. So I took the plunge and got myself a pot of Tamiya XF-16 Flat Aluminium and some Tamiya X-20A Thinner .
The next step was to add the thinner direct in to the paint pot. This way, I won’t have to worry about the ratio each time I want to spray the paint. Got the info from the following YouTube video: https://youtu.be/I28GhZY5S-A
As you can see from the photo below, the results (for me) were not bad. Oh the 1/48 Mosquito is my model for airbrush practice.